Six Minute English - Working for Free


(1) counter
      Definition : To react to something with an opposing opinion or action, or to defend yourself against something.
      Example : My team members’ opinion was counter to that of me.

(2) internship
      Definition : A period of time during which someone works for a company or organization in order to get experience of a particular type of work.
      Example : She has a summer internship at the airline.

What’s your opinion about ” Working for free” being discussed in this episode?

The advantage of the internships, for example:
   First, the internships help us to experience social life in advance.
   Second, I spend most time to study and learn a lot of knowledge, but I confuse what kind of job I should apply after my graduation. Through the functional internship, maybe I can figure out the direction to pursue my career.
   Third, through the internship, I can learn the professional knowledge and practical skills those are not carried out properly during the school days.
    In my opinion, the internship can help me to get first-hand look at what it is like to work in the real world. Whether the internships are paid or unpaid, I should keep a positive attitude all the time.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Six Minutes English - TOURIST CLAMPDOWN 

The Sad Song